If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Served next to a hotdog, hamburger, sandwich and more than I can think of , these little morsels will wow you. Simple, simple and quick, you will be amazed at how easy and delicious this recipe is. —dymnyno
Serves 2, maybe just one
- 1 pound brussels sprouts
- enough vegetable oil for deep frying
- sea salt
- Cut off the stem end of each brussels sprout and peel off the leaves. You will probably be left with a hard little heart of each sprout.
- Heat about 3 inches of vegetable oil to frying temperature. Throw in a leaf to make sure it sizzles. (NOTE: I wear protective eyewear to protect my eyes from splattering oil)
- Add the brussels spouts leaves and fry for about 15 to 30 seconds, until you see the leaves starting to become crispy . Remove with a strainer immediately.
- After you remove with the strainer, drop them on paper towels to absorb excess oil and sprinkle with good quality sea salt.
- Serve immediately!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Most Impressive Dinner Party Side
Food Blog Links We Love
Perfect picnic fare
Food blog links we love.
Independence Day, the no-recipe way.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.