Author Notes: Served next to a hotdog, hamburger, sandwich and more than I can think of , these little morsels will wow you. Simple, simple and quick, you will be amazed at how easy and delicious this recipe is. - dymnyno
Serves 2, maybe just one
- 1 pound brussels sprouts
- enough vegetable oil for deep frying
- sea salt
- Cut off the stem end of each brussels sprout and peel off the leaves. You will probably be left with a hard little heart of each sprout.
- Heat about 3 inches of vegetable oil to frying temperature. Throw in a leaf to make sure it sizzles. (NOTE: I wear protective eyewear to protect my eyes from splattering oil)
- Add the brussels spouts leaves and fry for about 15 to 30 seconds, until you see the leaves starting to become crispy . Remove with a strainer immediately.
- After you remove with the strainer, drop them on paper towels to absorb excess oil and sprinkle with good quality sea salt.
- Serve immediately!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Most Impressive Dinner Party Side