Author Notes: These potatoes are a fancy, nice change from the usual baked potatoes. They take a little bit more time and patience to prepare, but they are sure to become favorites for parties and special dinners for friends and family. - alla breve
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms (white or Portobello)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh herbs of your choice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces bacon, cooked and crumbled
- dashes salt
- dashes pepper
- dashes paprika
- 3 ounces shredded Parmesan or your favorite cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash and scrub clean potatoes. Cut slices across the potatoes without slicing the knife all the way through the potato (about 3/4 of the way through).
- Chop mushrooms and herbs.
- Mix chopped mushrooms, herbs, bacon, salt, pepper with 1 tbs of olive oil.
- Insert the mixture into each potato, between the slices.
- Drizzle potatoes with olive oil and season with paprika. Wrap them individually into aluminum foil and lay on a baking sheet.
- Bake until brown and crisp on the outside and soft inside, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Optional: sprinkle with cheese and return to oven and cook for 5 minutes until cheese is melted.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Most Impressive Dinner Party Side