Author Notes: The perfect dinner party side - it's always a big hit!! - Rachelle King
- 1 bunch Asparagus (use think asparagus)
- 1 pound Applewood Smoked Bacon
- Par boil asparagus for 2-3 minutes; remove from boiling water and place in an ice bath for approximately 5 minutes to stop cooking. Drain water and place asparagus on kitchen towel, lightly patting to remove any excess water
- Next line a cooking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Then take a slice of bacon and tightly wrap around the asparagus bundle (use 4-5 stalks). If done properly you won’t need to secure with a toothpick. Place on a foil wrapped cookie sheet and cook at 325° for 30 minutes, turning every 10 minutes to ensure bacon cooks fully. Turn broiler on and cook for no more than 5 minutes watching carefully and rotate so as to not burn bacon.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Most Impressive Dinner Party Side