If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Who doesn't love chocolate chip cookie dough? This buttercream frosting uses an eggless cookie dough, whipped into a light and fluffy base. I dare you not to put it on everything. - melomel
Makes enough to frost 12 cupcakes
Eggless Cookie Dough
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- The frosting should be made in 2 stages. First, make the eggless cookie dough. Cream together the butter and brown sugar.
- Add the milk and vanilla extract, mixing to combine. Slowly add the flour and salt, mixing on slow until just combined.
- Mix in the mini chocolate chips if you'e going to use an extra-large open-star piping tip. If not, leave the chocolate chips out and instead use them as a garnish (they'll clog smaller piping tips, or any closed star tips). Set aside the eggless cookie dough.
- For the frosting base, combine the butter and confectioners sugar, whipping until light and fluffy.
- Add in the cookie dough to the frosting base and mix to fully combine.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Frosting
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
A well-rounded bud vase.
The Best Cinnamon Rolls