Author Notes: Who doesn't love chocolate chip cookie dough? This buttercream frosting uses an eggless cookie dough, whipped into a light and fluffy base. I dare you not to put it on everything. - melomel
Makes enough to frost 12 cupcakes
Eggless Cookie Dough
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- The frosting should be made in 2 stages. First, make the eggless cookie dough. Cream together the butter and brown sugar.
- Add the milk and vanilla extract, mixing to combine. Slowly add the flour and salt, mixing on slow until just combined.
- Mix in the mini chocolate chips if you'e going to use an extra-large open-star piping tip. If not, leave the chocolate chips out and instead use them as a garnish (they'll clog smaller piping tips, or any closed star tips). Set aside the eggless cookie dough.
- For the frosting base, combine the butter and confectioners sugar, whipping until light and fluffy.
- Add in the cookie dough to the frosting base and mix to fully combine.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Frosting