Author Notes: This buttercream is perfect for coffee lovers, and whips up light and airy. - melomel
Makes enough to frost 36 cupcakes
- 2 cups unsalted butter, room temperature
- 5 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder, divided
- Beat the butter until light and fluffy.
- Combine the vanilla and 1 tbsp instant espresso in a small bowl, stirring to combine.
- Add 1 cup of sugar to the butter, beating until combined. Add the vanilla-espresso mixture.
- Add remaining 1 tbsp of instant espresso powder, as well as the remaining confectioner’s sugar in 1/2 cup increments to taste.
- Whip for several additional minutes after everything is combined.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Frosting