If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Whipped cream topped cakes are THE best in my book but the whipping cream doesn't always stand up to the task. Adding mascarpone cheese stabilizes the whipping cream and makes for a wonderful icing! And it's quick and easy!! —inpatskitchen
Makes enough icing for a 9 or 10 inch round layer cake
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract or 1 tablespoon vanilla extract depending on what flavor you'd like
- Place the mascarpone in a medium mixing bowl and with an electric wire whip or hand mixer start beating. While beating, add the vanilla or almond extract followed by the confectioners sugar.
- Slowly add the whipping cream while still beating or whisking until the icing becomes light and fluffy.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Frosting