If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: With Fall upon us, God gets out his crayons and colors the world beautiful! Pumpkins are abundant and not just for pies! - The Kitchen Whisperer
Makes 3 cups
- 3 1/2 cups Pumpkin Puree (can use winter squash puree)
- 3/4 cup Fresh Apple Cider
- 1 1/4 cups Light Brown Sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 3 Cinnamon Sticks
- 2 Vanilla beans, split lengthways and seeded
- In a large sauce pan add in the pumpkin puree, apple cider, brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice. Mix to combine
- Add in the vanilla bean seeds and pods plus the cinnamon sticks. Stir well to combine
- Place the pan over medium-high heat and bring to a slow boil (where the edges start to bubble).
- Immediately reduce the heat to a simmer and allow to cook for 30-45 minutes or until the mixture is thick.
- While the mixture is cooking stir frequently as you don’t want to burn the bottom.
- Taste for seasoning.
- Remove vanilla bean pods and cinnamon sticks from the mixture and discard.
- Place into a glass storage container (can you plastic but glass is prettier) and allow the butter to cool completely.
- Cover and store in the fridge for 2-4 weeks… if it’ll last that long!
Soffritto: The Superstar
Your new favorite three-ingredient ingredient.
Soffritto's a superstar.
Lettuce love vegetables.
The Daily Grind
Bold and brewtiful coffee.