If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Every weekend I do my weekend shopping at one particular Whole Foods because they have these amazing creme stuffed snickerdoodles. Fluffy, soft, delicious creme filled snickerdoodles. I've been wanting to develop a recipe for them and this frosting contest presented the perfect opportunity: the universe wanted me to make and eat these cookies!
The snickerdoodle recipe is adapted from the classic cookie cookbook "Cookies" and the blog "How Sweet It Is," and the buttercream is a classic recipe from Martha Stewart with my own flavor additions. - TaraT
Makes 15 cookie sandwiches
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cream of tarter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting
- 6 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- For the Snickerdoodles Cream the butter and the sugar until light and fluffy
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix until incorporated
- Mix together the dry ingredients: flour, salt, cream of tartar, baking soda and cinnamon. Add slowly to the wet ingredients and mix until incorporated.
- Add in the milk. If the batter is not coming together, add more milk one tablespoon at a time
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes
- Stir together the remaining 1/4 sugar and 1 TB
- Create 3/4-1 inch balls of dough and roll them in the cinnamon-sugar mixture
- Bake for 10-12 minutes in a 375 degree oven
- Cool completely on a wire rack
- For the Cinnamon Buttercream For the frosting: Cream the butter and light and fluffy
- Add in the powdered sugar
- Mix in the vanilla and cinnamon
- Stuff the Snickerdoodles with frosting until bursting
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Frosting