If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a pretty pink and scrumptious way to frost a white cake. I like to fill the cake with a thick layer of really good strawberry preserves for more intense flavor. I started making this when my niece was a little girl. Now she has two little boys of her own.... —ChefJune
Makes about 2 1/2 cups, enough to frost 2 9-inch layers
- 1 1/4 cups unsalted butter
- 2 cups confectioners sugar, sifted
- 4 extra-large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons strawberry preserves (home made preferred)
- a pinch of fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup puréed fresh strawberries
- Using electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in yolks, then pureed berries and preserves. Cover tightly and refrigerate until set.
- This mixture can be prepared 2 days ahead. When ready to frost cake, bring to spreadable room temperature.
- Teacher’s Tips: 1. This recipe can be made as well with apricots, peaches, raspberries, or any other fruit flavor you desire.
- 2. If you are squeamish about using raw eggs in the frosting, you could use pasteurized eggs, available in the freezer case of your super market
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Frosting
This May Be the Best Thing You Can Do with Zucchini
A genius make-ahead summer side
A genius zucchini dish.
Is your cilantro contaminated?
It's time to travel.
Do this for better cold brew.