If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Last week my husband and I rented a small house on a beach on Molokai. This is the most underdeveloped and least touristy of the Hawaiian Islands....not a single traffic signal on the whole island...no big stores...no gift shops. I decided to cook a whole fish on the grill. I saw a whole fish in Friendly's Grocery (Molokai is the Friendly Isle) and immediatelly bought it. (it was wrapped in plastic wrap in a shell container) I brought it home and started to get everything ready at the grill. I had garlic and olive oil at the ready to slather the fish before throwing it on the grill. You cannot imagine my surprise to find that the fish had not been cleaned or gutted!!! Now, I have cleaned many trout (from my years in Idaho) but never a 18 inch monster. So, I did...lots of guts and very sharp scales. - dymnyno
- 1 large (18 inch ) opakapaka
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/'2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup italian parsley, chopped
- lime slices
- Gut and clean the fish. Or, buy one that is already cleaned and gutted...be sure that the eyes are clear and the fish is really really fresh...or forget it!
- Mix the olive oil and the minced garlic together.
- Slather this mixture over and in the cavity of the fish.
- Put the fish on a hot grill and cook until done. (usually 10 minutes per inch of fish)
- Remove from grill and carefully remove head, skin and debone the fish.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and Mac nuts sauteed in a little butter.
- Squeeze a little fresh lime juice over the filleted fish and serve.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Way to Cook a Whole Fish
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
A well-rounded bud vase.
The Best Cinnamon Rolls