If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My great aunt made this simple chocolate frosting for a simple chocolate cake at least once a week for her family which included my semi orphaned father, who like her, was a huge chocolate lover. If she was alive today, Evie would be 133 years old. She lived to quite an advanced age and I was lucky to be next to the frosting bowl many times to get the privilege of licking the spatula. My mother continued to make the cake for my father and I can honestly say that neither he nor I ever tired of it. —dymnyno
Makes 2 cups
- 2/3 cup melted butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons strong coffee (I use cold brew)
- Sift the powdered sugar and the cocoa powder together in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour in the melted butter and the strong coffee and mix together.
- Using a wire whisk,(I use a flat whisk) whip it together until it becomes fluffy and smooth, about 3 or 4 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Frosting
This May Be the Best Thing You Can Do with Zucchini
A genius make-ahead summer side
A genius zucchini dish.
Say hello to the open road.
We shall call them pop-tails.