If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is one of my favorite recipes because I love anchovies...I love to eat them right out of the can. A friend of mine who has lived in Italy from time to time first made a version of this recipe. He said that it was a recipe that even anchovy haters would love. Well, he did not anticipate the passion of anchovy haters. As he begged a guest to just TRY some of the sauce, she replied that "she would'nt because it had touched an anchovy!" So I practically had the whole dish to myself. I later made this dish for a very famous Italian winemaker who was duly impressed and of course loved anchovies!. - dymnyno
- 1 jar or can of whole anchovies
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 large bunch italian parsley
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons cabernet vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- Open jar or can of anchovies and remove whole anchovies carefully one at a time.
- Carefully rinse and put in a bowl of cold water.
- Remove and dry with paper towel. Arrange in a dish.
- In a food processor pulse the parsley, olive oil and garlic until coarsley chopped.
- Add the vinegar and cayenne and pulse until finely chopped.
- Pour the parsley, garlic, olive oil, vinegar and cayenne mixture over the anchovies. Cover with wrap and marinate for a while or overnight.
- Serve as a first course.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Way to Cook a Whole Fish