Author Notes: A Mark Bittman column introduced me to the genius of combining peanut butter and sriracha (spread PB on toast, dot with sriracha=heaven) but it’s Charleston’s Diggity Donuts food truck that hooked me with their Nutty Rooster -- a homemade, warm, crispy, cake-y donut coated with a peanut butter and sriracha glaze. So it really wasn’t too much of a stretch to apply the PB-S formula to cake, and wouldn’t you know it, it’s pretty darn amazing. I used this to ice a vanilla bundt cake, but I might get crazy and try a banana cake next time or even chocolate. - Midge
Makes enough for one cake
- 1 cup organic Whole Foods creamy peanut butter, room temp
- 1 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup light cream, room temp
- Combine first three ingredients in a standing mixer with the whisk attachment and beat on medium till combined.
- Drizzle glaze on cooled cake to coat. Then, drizzle desired amount of sriracha over glazed cake
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Frosting