If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A Mark Bittman column introduced me to the genius of combining peanut butter and sriracha (spread PB on toast, dot with sriracha=heaven) but it’s Charleston’s Diggity Donuts food truck that hooked me with their Nutty Rooster -- a homemade, warm, crispy, cake-y donut coated with a peanut butter and sriracha glaze. So it really wasn’t too much of a stretch to apply the PB-S formula to cake, and wouldn’t you know it, it’s pretty darn amazing. I used this to ice a vanilla bundt cake, but I might get crazy and try a banana cake next time or even chocolate. - Midge
Makes enough for one cake
- 1 cup organic Whole Foods creamy peanut butter, room temp
- 1 3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup light cream, room temp
- Combine first three ingredients in a standing mixer with the whisk attachment and beat on medium till combined.
- Drizzle glaze on cooled cake to coat. Then, drizzle desired amount of sriracha over glazed cake
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Frosting