If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I make so many variations of this soup -- trying different sausages (or none at all), cannellini beans, kale or mustard greens, and sometimes throwing in some broccoli. —mdm
- 1 tablespoon butter (or olive oil)
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 15 ounces can chickpeas (I use Goya)
- 1 large sweet potato, chopped into bite-size cubes
- 1/2-1 cups frozen lima beans
- 1 bunch spinach (I usually use a pre-washed bag)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 13 ounces can lowfat coconut milk
- 48 ounces chicken broth (I use homemade or low-sodium College Inn)
- 12 ounces sausage (optional -- I use sweet Italian, and sometimes the lower-cal chicken sausage)
- In a soup pot, sauté the onion and celery in butter or olive oil. Add and brown the sausage, either sliced or removed from casing and crumbled.
- Add all other ingredients except for the spinach. Bring to a boil and then lower the heat to a simmer, cover and cook until ingredients are soft.
- Add spinach, cook for 5 more minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Pot Meal
Go Greek (Yogurt)
The secret to lighter, tangier whipped cream
Yogurt whipped cream: your new go-to.
Bagel and lox, in a salad.
Savor the season.
Tennessee whiskey is the tops.
Orange you sweet.