If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a great fall dessert that has a bit of sophistication with the addition of the orange-chocolate ganache, yet it's extremely easy to make. —Harvey Morris
Serves 8 to 12
For the bundt cake:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup solid pack pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 350 F degrees. Coat a 6-cup bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine flours, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Whisk to mix well. Combine butter and brown sugar in large bowl and beat at medium speed until mixed well. Beat in pumpkin and egg. Reduce to low speed and beat in flour mixture. Beat in buttermilk and vanilla, just until moistened. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cook the cake in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove cake from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
For the ganache:
- 1/3 cup bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 teaspoons orange juice, room temperature
- Melt the bittersweet chocolate slowly in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat on 50% power in 30-second intervals until chocolate starts to melt. Then remove and stir gently until completely melted. Add the juice, a teaspoon at a time, while mixing well with a whisk. Drizzle over the cooled cake.
A Grain of Truth
When to switch up salts
The truth about salt swaps.
Our recent favorite recipes.
It's time to travel.
Meet the cake stand extraordinaries
Put cake on a pedestal.