If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My tasty Caribbean Johnny cakes are a must have on the Islands of the blue sea, Johnny cakes are one of the most favorite dishes made in my Country, This yummy simple dish can be used for breakfast , or lunch. —Moria T
- 3 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2-4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ tablespoons of room temp butter of choice
- 1 ½ cups Vegetable oil
- Mix dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and work in the butter with your fingers
- Add 1 cup of vegetable oil to the dry ingredients
- Add ¼ cup of oil at a time until you have a soft dough
- Sprinkle some extra flour onto a flat surface and knead the dough.
- Knead until the dough is well blended
- Feel free to sprinkle additional flour on the surface as needed.
- After completing all the steps allow dough to sit in a clean bowl covered with a towel for at least 30 minutes.
- After dough has rested, heat oil in frying pan and sprinkle the rolling surface again.
- Create small balls and roll out dough into circles with a rolling pin or the palm of your hand.
- Be sure to not make them too thin.
- Pierce each piece with a fork several times or cut slices and then drop in hot oil.
- Fry on each side until golden brown.
- Allow to cool and drain on paper towel or brown paper bag.
Go Greek (Yogurt)
The secret to lighter, tangier whipped cream
Yogurt whipped cream: your new go-to.
Bagel and lox, in a salad.
Savor the season.
Tennessee whiskey is the tops.
Orange you sweet.