If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Basic Indian flat bread recipe - honeyhoney
- 2 cups all purpose flour (plus extra for rolling)
- 3/4 cup water (lukewarm)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (melted and cooled)
- 3 tablespoons plain greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- pinches baking soda
- cumin seeds, garlic & sea salt
- begin by dissolving the yeast in the water and let stand for 10 minutes. In a separate bowl add the flour, salt, sugar, baking powder and combine.
- add the yogurt and oil into the flour mixture and mix, you will have a crumbly mixture. After 10 minutes add the water/yeast and mix/knead for a few minutes to get a nice soft dough
- cover with a damp cloth or plastic wrap and let sit in a cool place for 3-4 hrs. After that time the dough will be doubled in size
- now make six peices of dough and roll out (with extra flour, the dough will be sticky) roll into oval/tear shapes sprinkle with a bit of cumin seeds, sea salt, fennel or garlic is nice as well (anything you like though)
- preheat your oven to 500 degree's or the highest your oven will go and bake for about 5 minutes (mine took longer?) ...or until your naan is golden and puffy
- serve with chutney,daal or an indian meal !