Author Notes: Basic Indian flat bread recipe - honeyhoney
- 2 cups all purpose flour (plus extra for rolling)
- 3/4 cups water (lukewarm)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (melted and cooled)
- 3 tablespoons plain greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- pinches baking soda
- cumin seeds, garlic & sea salt
- begin by dissolving the yeast in the water and let stand for 10 minutes. In a separate bowl add the flour, salt, sugar, baking powder and combine.
- add the yogurt and oil into the flour mixture and mix, you will have a crumbly mixture. After 10 minutes add the water/yeast and mix/knead for a few minutes to get a nice soft dough
- cover with a damp cloth or plastic wrap and let sit in a cool place for 3-4 hrs. After that time the dough will be doubled in size
- now make six peices of dough and roll out (with extra flour, the dough will be sticky) roll into oval/tear shapes sprinkle with a bit of cumin seeds, sea salt, fennel or garlic is nice as well (anything you like though)
- preheat your oven to 500 degree's or the highest your oven will go and bake for about 5 minutes (mine took longer?) ...or until your naan is golden and puffy
- serve with chutney,daal or an indian meal !