Author Notes: Tender and sweet roasted beets are drizzled with a bright citrus vinaigrette. This is perfect for a salad entree or appetizer for two. Its simple yet elegant! If you want it extra creamy opt for the full fat coconut in place of the reduced fat. - Poppies and Papayas
For the Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette
- 1 1/2 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons reduced fat coconut milk (canned)
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper
For the Lemon Dijon Beet Salad
- Handful of mixed greens
- Creamy Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette
- 3 medium roasted red beets, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium roasted golden beet, peeled and sliced
- Cilantro sprigs as garnish (or basil)
- In a 1 cup volume measuring glass add the Dijon, the coconut milk, sweetener, and lemon zest. Stir until combined.
- Slowly drizzle in the extra-virgin olive oil while stirring. Once combined, add the lemon juice a splash at a time, stirring in between.
- Add sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste. Pour dressing into a sealable glass jar.
- Place mixed greens onto a serving plate, and drizzle with a little bit of the dressing (you don’t need much because the dressing is very flavorful). Top the greens with the sliced beets. Drizzle with a little more of salad dressing, once again a little goes a long way and garnish with fresh cilantro or basil.