If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Tender and sweet roasted beets are drizzled with a bright citrus vinaigrette. This is perfect for a salad entree or appetizer for two. Its simple yet elegant! If you want it extra creamy opt for the full fat coconut in place of the reduced fat. - Poppies and Papayas
For the Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons reduced fat coconut milk (canned)
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper
For the Lemon Dijon Beet Salad
- Handful of mixed greens
- Creamy Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette
- 3 medium roasted red beets, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium roasted golden beet, peeled and sliced
- Cilantro sprigs as garnish (or basil)
- In a 1 cup volume measuring glass add the Dijon, the coconut milk, sweetener, and lemon zest. Stir until combined.
- Slowly drizzle in the extra-virgin olive oil while stirring. Once combined, add the lemon juice a splash at a time, stirring in between.
- Add sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste. Pour dressing into a sealable glass jar.
- Place mixed greens onto a serving plate, and drizzle with a little bit of the dressing (you don’t need much because the dressing is very flavorful). Top the greens with the sliced beets. Drizzle with a little more of salad dressing, once again a little goes a long way and garnish with fresh cilantro or basil.
Have a Brew-ti-ful Day
Shop our newest caffeinated collection.
Everything you need for coffee and tea.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
The final step to a genius dinner party.
A list of things we like.
Add flower power to your espresso.