If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Last holiday season I followed a tradition of my mother's and made her sweet potato pie. The results? Better than delicious, light--melt in your mouth good. —Talaia
Serves 8-10 per pie
- 6 sweet potatoes
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup raw sugar
- 2 sticks of softened butter
- 1 dash of salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 3-4 baked pie crusts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Bake sweet potatoes until soft/allow to cool.
- Place pie crusts in the oven and bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove skins from sweet potatoes and place in a large bowl.
- Add butter, and milk. Mix.
- Add salt, sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, flour, vanilla, lemon & orange extract. Beat at a medium speed.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat until texture is smooth.
- Pour filling into pie crusts and bake pies at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes.
- Pies will puff up like a souffle and settle as they cool.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Thanksgiving Pie
DIY Nutter Butters Are Better
Sandwich cookies that take peanut butter seriously
DIY Nutter Butters.
A toast to toast.
Shop our new office.
How to make bouillabaisse.
We give it 8 tentacles up.