Author Notes: Lasagna is one of the most comforting foods for me, and I'm sure many others. There's nothing like a taste or bite that just sends you back to childhood. This is what this lasagna does for me. - mtlabor
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound mild italian sausage
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 4 cups sausage marinara
- 1 box of about 20 or more lasagna noodles, cooked
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 30 ounces ricotta cheese
- 4 cups Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- In a large skillet, under high heat, cook the beef and sausage until browned. Season with salt and pepper, and if you're feeling extra frisky throw in some red pepper flakes to add the heat.
- Add about 2 1/2 cups of marinara to the beef and mix well.
- Add 3/4 cup of marinara to the bottom of a rectangular roasting pan. Layer about 4-5 of the cooked lasagna noodles over marinara. Spread 1/3 of the meat mixture on top of the noodles. Then top with 1/3 of the ricotta, 1/2 of the parmesan, and 1 cup of the mozzarella.
- Repeat layering twice more. Top the remaining noodles with remaining 3/4 cup of marinara and extra mozzarella cheese.
- Cover tightly with foil and preheat oven to 375. Bake until heated all the way through and cheese is bubbly, about an hour or so. Cut into sections and serve!