If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When we first came to the U.S. we were intrigued and amazed with all the pies we had the opportunity to taste. Here is our interpretation of the pumpkin pie. You can use this recipe anytime throughout the year (especially if you have fresh pumpkin stored in your freezer): anytime you feel like pie. Hope you enjoy it. - Candyland Queens
Makes 1 pie
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 stick of butter (room temperature)
- a pinch of sea salt
- Sift together flour, sugar, and salt. Place the stick of butter on top and cut it into the flour using a pastry cutter (we use two knives and slash away). Slash away until the texture is like coarse sand. Continue working it with your hands until you can pat the dough into a ball. Put the ball of dough into the refrigerator to chill for an 60-30 minutes. Press it into an 10 inch pie pan with your fingers until it is even and fairly smooth.
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin or sweet potato (bolied, drained and mashed)
- 3 eggs beaten
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 2/3 cups undiluted evaporated milk (it is about a can of evaporated milk)
- First you need to boil the fresh or fozen pumpkin (or sweet potato) for 10 minutes (we buy, peel and cut the pumpkins in October and stock our freezer for the winter). Drain thoroughly and mash it roughly with a fork.
- In a large bowl combine the mashed pumpkin (or sweet potato), beaten eggs, sugar, spices, and milk. Beat until well blended, preferably with an electric blender or with an electric mixer. Pour this mixture into the pie shell and bake in a preheated 375 degree oven, for 55 minutes. Cool before serving, and garnish with whipped cream (if you like).
Recipe of the Day
Grilled Brie Sandwiches With Honey, Pistachio, and Kale Pesto
Shop Spring Cleaning
Dumplings, No Recipe Required
Dumplings for one, dumplings for all.
Eclectic Truffle Chocolate Bars
Gluten-Free Strawberry Tart