If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I am in love with matcha green tea powder and I think its really important to use high quality matcha (ceremonial grade). This is a light yet satisfying and creamy mousse that can be stored up to 4 days in the fridge. - Lisa Muller
- 400 milliliters rice milk
- 100 milliliters coconut milk
- 5 tablespoons melted cacao butter
- 1/2 cup light honey or maple syrup grade A
- 2 teaspoons matcha powder (ceremonial grade)
- 1 teaspoon agar agar powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract OR
- 1 whole vanilla pod
- pinches salt
- Heat the coconut milk, 300 ml rice milk with the sweetener of your choice, the scraped vanilla pod and seeds (or extract) and cacao butter in a pot until melted but not cooking.
- In a small bowl put the matcha powder and add a few Tbsp hot but not boiling water. With a bamboo or regular whisk froth the powder with the water for a few seconds until well combined and it starts to foam. Add the mix to the rice milk, stir and pour into a bowl or blender.
- Heat the remaining 100 ml rice milk in the same pot, add salt and the agar while still cold, turn up the heat and let boil for about a minute while stirring constantly.
- Now pour the agar mix either into the bowl and use a hand blender or combine everything in a high speed blender for a few seconds.
- Pour into ramekins, little tea cups or glasses and chill for a few hours.
Take Summer Food Inside
11 DIY projects to make when it's too hot to go outside.
Cool Eats for Hot Days
A Carry-On Cocktail Kit
Anna Jones Loves Vegetables
The Daily Grind
Italian Breakfast Buns