If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I am a potato salad addict (there, I said it) and this potato salad was always a staple brought by my Lithuanian friend to any potluck. I adopted her recipe and now it's my go-to potato salad. The recipe is very simple, with few ingredients, but a little time intensive, because you chop everything into tiny perfect squares. I find it somewhat cathartic. Also, my friend would be disappointed in me if I didn't mention that this salad is best when you use the best ingredients you can get your hands on. —enbe
Serves 8 as a side
- 6 yellow (or white) potatoes
- 6 carrots
- 1/2 a sweet onion
- 3 dill pickles (not the huge deli kind, the medium size jarred kind)
- 1 can of sweet peas
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise (adjust this to your mayo preferences, you may want a bit more or a bit less)
- Start carrots and potatoes in cold water. Bring to a boil and cook until they can be pierced with a fork (don't overcook!). They may have slightly different cooking times. Remove them from the water and let the carrots and potatoes come to room temperature (or pop them in the fridge).
- Add all of the chopped ingredients to a mixing bowl along with the can of peas and the mayonnaise and give it all a good stir. Salt to taste (but usually the pickles take care of that for you). Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes
In Queso Were Wondering
Cashews are the mvp of vegan ingredients
This queso is nuts.
Keep your bubbly bubbly.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our guide to the Eastern Shore.
Get your shine on.