Author Notes: I needed a side dish for my mediterranean lemon chicken and I thought this might go well with it. Really easy to make but you need time for it to bake, about 2 hours.
- Katheryn's Kitchen
- 1/3 cup Olive oil plus 4 tablespoons extra of oil
- 1 1/2 cup hot water
- 2 Cloves of garlic minced
- 1/4 cup Fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Chopped fresh thyme- 2 teaspoons dry
- 2 tablespoons Chopped fresh rosemary-2 teaspoons dry
- 2 Cubes vegetable bouillon-use chicken if you don't have vegetable
- Ground pepper to taste
- 6 Medium sized potatoes- don't use russet they will fall apart. Peel if you like, I use thin skinned potatoes and prefer to leave the skin on. Cut them in quarters.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix the olive oil, lemon juice, water, garlic, thyme, rosemary, bouillon cubes and pepper.
- Arrange potatoes evenly in the bottom of a medium baking dish. Pour the olive oil mixture over the potatoes. Cover with tin foil or a lid and bake up to 2 hours. First hour covered, second hour uncovered. Serve when tender but firm, slightly brown and water has evaporated.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes