If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is adapted from Jo Stepaniak's simple and forgiving "golden gravy" recipe in Vegan Vittles. Feel free to adjust the herbs you use to suit your taste. Caramelized onions or sauteed mushrooms also make a fantastic addition. - Gena Hamshaw
Makes 1 1/2 cups
- 1/4 cup chickpea or brown rice flour
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 1/2 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 - 2 tablespoon reduced sodium tamari or soy sauce (you may need to modify based on how salty your broth is)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- black pepper to taste
- Heat the brown rice flour or chickpea flour, along with the nutritional yeast flakes, in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir them frequently, until fragrant.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the vegetable broth, tamari, olive oil, thyme, and garlic powder.
- Return to heat and cook, whisking constantly, until the gravy is thick and bubbly. Season to taste with black pepper. Serve.