Author Notes: Who doesn't love fruit leather? It's one of those kid-friendly snacks that appeals to all ages, and it's surprisingly easy to make a healthy version. Don't be afraid of the long bake time, it's completely hands off, and your house will smell heavenly! This recipe was originally created for a California Sweetpotato contest. Enjoy! - CravingSomethingHealthy
Makes 6 pieces
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled
- 1 medium sweet or tart apple, peeled and cored
- 1 medium ripe pear, peeled and cored
- 1 teaspoon agave syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with a Silpat silicone baking mat.
- Cut sweet potato and fruit into 1 inch pieces and place in a microwave safe bowl or large glass measuring cup. You should have approximately 4 cups total
- Microwave contents on high until everything is soft and tender, about 8 minutes.
- Transfer contents to the bowl of a food processor.
- Add agave syrup and spice mix. Puree mixture until completely smooth.
- Pour mixture onto Silpat and smooth out to the edges until evenly thin and smooth. An offset spatula is helpful for this step.
- Bake on a middle oven rack for 4-5 hours, until fruit leather is firm to the touch, and pulls away from the baking mat easily.
- Let cool, and cut into six long strips.
- Store rolled up, in an airtight bag or container
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes