Author Notes: Potato Gnocchi. For sauce, tomato sauce, white wine, heavy cream and cream cheese.. - Hidemi
- 4 Small Russet Potatoes (about 3/4-1 lb)
- 8 tablespoons All-purpose flour
- 15 ounces Canned Tomato Sauce
- 1 Small Onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons All-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup White Wine
- 2 teaspoons Sugar
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 ounces Cream Cheese
- Peel and dice potatoes. Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender. Drain, transfer to a bowl and mash potatoes. Let cool.
- While potatoes are cooking, make tomato cream cheese sauce. In a heated skillet, melt butter and cook garlic over medium heat until fragrant. Stir in onion and cook until tender. Turn off the heat and add 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour. Stir to coat well.
- Add tomato sauce,white wine and sugar. Turn on the heat again and bring to a boil. When it boils, add cream cheese, reduce heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes stirring constantly. Then stir in heavy cream, salt and pepper to taste. Keep the sauce warm.
- When the mashed potatoes have cooled enough to handle, add 8 tablespoons all-purpose flour and mix until well blended. Take tablespoonful of mixture and shape into a ball.
- Boil 4 cups of water in a large saucepan and add pinch of salt. Drop potato gnocchi into the saucepan and cook until the potato gnocchi rise to the surface. Remove the potato gnocchi with a skimmer and drain in a colander.
- Put potato gnocchi into the skillet and coat potato gnocchi with sauce shaking the skillet. Turn off the heat, sprinkle minced parsley and put into each serving plate.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes