If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Potato Gnocchi. For sauce, tomato sauce, white wine, heavy cream and cream cheese.. - Hidemi
- 4 Small Russet Potatoes (about 3/4-1 lb)
- 8 tablespoons All-purpose flour
- 15 ounces Canned Tomato Sauce
- 1 Small Onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons All-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup White Wine
- 2 teaspoons Sugar
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 ounces Cream Cheese
- Peel and dice potatoes. Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender. Drain, transfer to a bowl and mash potatoes. Let cool.
- While potatoes are cooking, make tomato cream cheese sauce. In a heated skillet, melt butter and cook garlic over medium heat until fragrant. Stir in onion and cook until tender. Turn off the heat and add 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour. Stir to coat well.
- Add tomato sauce,white wine and sugar. Turn on the heat again and bring to a boil. When it boils, add cream cheese, reduce heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes stirring constantly. Then stir in heavy cream, salt and pepper to taste. Keep the sauce warm.
- When the mashed potatoes have cooled enough to handle, add 8 tablespoons all-purpose flour and mix until well blended. Take tablespoonful of mixture and shape into a ball.
- Boil 4 cups of water in a large saucepan and add pinch of salt. Drop potato gnocchi into the saucepan and cook until the potato gnocchi rise to the surface. Remove the potato gnocchi with a skimmer and drain in a colander.
- Put potato gnocchi into the skillet and coat potato gnocchi with sauce shaking the skillet. Turn off the heat, sprinkle minced parsley and put into each serving plate.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes