If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Ready in minutes, this soup is made using sweet potatoes for taste and sweetness, celery root for acidity and grassiness, white beans for creaminess, and a pinch of curry powder for spice. A perfect balance of sweet, creamy perfection that will leave you satisfied and glowing inside and out. - Tasty Plan
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 celery root, peeled and cubed
- 1 can white beans
- 3-4 cups good vegetable broth
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat until fragrant.
- Add onions, curry powder, and a generous pinch of salt. Sauté for 5-7 minutes. Onions should be soft.
- Add potatoes and celery root. Stir and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth, or water, and bring to a simmer. Cover pot with lid, and reduce temperature to low. Cook for 10-15 minutes, testing for vegetable’s tenderness every so often. Everything should be soft, and at the point of almost falling apart.
- Remove from heat and let cool for several minutes before transferring to blender and pureeing until smooth. Taste for seasoning and adjust if needed.
- To garnish, drizzle a tiny bit of olive oil, pumpkin seeds, and chopped cilantro.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes
As the Romans "Stew"
A rustic mix of seasonal vegetables
An Italian Spring Stew.
DIY Moss Tabletop Garden
Go play outside!
DIY Herb Rubs
Eat Bagels for Lunch