Author Notes: Ready in minutes, this soup is made using sweet potatoes for taste and sweetness, celery root for acidity and grassiness, white beans for creaminess, and a pinch of curry powder for spice. A perfect balance of sweet, creamy perfection that will leave you satisfied and glowing inside and out. - Tasty Plan
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 celery root, peeled and cubed
- 1 can white beans
- 3-4 cups good vegetable broth
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat until fragrant.
- Add onions, curry powder, and a generous pinch of salt. Sauté for 5-7 minutes. Onions should be soft.
- Add potatoes and celery root. Stir and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth, or water, and bring to a simmer. Cover pot with lid, and reduce temperature to low. Cook for 10-15 minutes, testing for vegetable’s tenderness every so often. Everything should be soft, and at the point of almost falling apart.
- Remove from heat and let cool for several minutes before transferring to blender and pureeing until smooth. Taste for seasoning and adjust if needed.
- To garnish, drizzle a tiny bit of olive oil, pumpkin seeds, and chopped cilantro.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes