If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My mom makes these sugar-crusted sweet potatoes every year for Thanksgiving. She makes sure to make more than enough for everyone to have a couple servings that night and a couple servings for leftovers the day after. They're sugary sweet on the outside and soft and creamy on the inside. —Brooklyn Salt
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/3 cup sugar, plus more for topping
- 1 pinch salt
- Fill a large pot with enough cold water to submerge all the potatoes. Add potatoes, cover the pot and place over high heat, cooking for 40 minutes or until a fork slides easily into the fattest part of each potato.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Remove the potatoes from the pot and rub off the skins under cold running water. Place the potatoes in a foil lined baking pan, sprinkle them with salt, then top them with the melted butter and sugar. Roll the potatoes to coat them completely in the butter and sugar and press down the potatoes into the baking pan so that they crack slightly. Sprinkle a coating of sugar on top of all the potatoes.
- Bake potatoes uncovered for 1 hour. Serve nice and hot.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes
How to make lemonade without a recipe
Lemonade, sans recipe.
Last day for free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
Green pesto is so last summer.
Savor the season.