If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Curry puff is essentially a dumpling filled with curried potatoes. It is a well-loved local snack in Malaysia. There are many variations; the most typical being curried potatoes or the curried potatoes with chicken. There is also a posher version which is the giant curry puff filled with potatoes, chicken, peas and quartered hard-boiled egg.
I will show you how to make a simple version of the chicken and potato curry puff. We will be using ready rolled puff pastry in this recipe instead of the authentic pastry just so you can satisfy your curry puff craving in an instant, without the need to make the pastry from scratch and deep frying. - Ai Pheng Y
- 375g ready rolled puff pastry
- 325g chicken thigh fillet
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 3 potatoes
- 1 large onion
- 5 cloves garlic
- 15 dried curry leaves
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cranberry sauce (optional)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cube the potatoes and boil in salt water until partially soft.
- In the meantime, chop the onion, mince the garlic and cube the chicken.
- Marinate the chicken with worcestershire sauce and put aside.
- Pre heat the over at 180C.
- Heat up some oil in a pan. Fry the onions, garlic and curry leaves until fragrant. Add the curry powder in and mix it up.
- Toss the cubed chicken into the pan. Let it cook partially and mix in the potatoes.
- Stir and let cook until soft, adding sugar, cranberry sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the curried chicken and potato filling is cooked, set aside to cool.
- Cut the ready rolled pastry into circles. Wrap the cooled fillings in the pastry carefully, making sure the ends are tight.
- When all the puffs are wrapped, place on a baking tray and bake for 25 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
A well-rounded bud vase.
The Best Cinnamon Rolls