If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have a friend who taught me to make clams with red bell peppers, and ever since, this combination has stayed with me: seafood with bell peppers. The sweetness of the peppers paired with the creaminess of the whole roasted sea bass makes me smile every time. I really love sea bass and in my humble opinion, it tastes lovely with a few adornments- just a bit of salt and lemon. - shayma
Serves 4, with sides
- 1 2 lb. whole sea bass (including head and tail) cleaned, scaled, and gills removed
- 1 tablespoon + 1 tsp Maldon salt
- glug+4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, sliced thin plus lemon quarters for serving
- 4 red bell peppers
- 3-4 garlic cloves, "smooshed" w chef's knife
- Pre-heat oven to 425 F
- Salt the inside and outside of the fish (approximately 1 tbsp). Set aside.
- Slice 4 red bell peppers thinly.
- In a heavy-bottomed frying pan, add 4 tablespoons olive oil, the smooshed garlic cloves, 1 tsp Maldon salt and the bell peppers. Saute on medium heat for 15-20 minutes.
- When the bell peppers are soft and glistening, turn off the heat and set aside.
- Make 3-4 slits (sideways) on the top of the fish and insert the lemon slices. Place the rest of the lemon slices inside the fish, where it has been gutted.
- Rub fish liberally with olive oil.
- Bake in the hot oven, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes. Cook until the fish starts to flake easily. The skin will look crisp.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes. Place the sea bass on a bed of the soft bell pepper ribbons, serve w lemon quarters.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Way to Cook a Whole Fish
It's Time to Rhyme
The staff at Food52 give us their best haikus.
Do you haiku?
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
Shop Spring Cleaning
Bake yourself breakfast.