Author Notes: My kids love sweet potatoes cooked in every way. We always have sweet potatoes in our kitchen, so I can throw together a simple vegetarian meal like this one after a busy day. - tpanb
Serves 3 to 4
sweet potato and wild rice pilaf
- 1 cup wild rice
- 2 1/3 cups water
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1" cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds, toasted
cilantro lime dressing
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoon brown rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- handful cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a pot, put wild rice and water. Bring to a boil. Lower heat to low and simmer covered for 45-50 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand covered for another 10 minute until all the water is absorbed.
- Toss sweet potatoes with 1 tbsp olive oil and season with sea salt, to taste. Put sweet potato on a baking sheet in a single layer and roast for 20 minutes, flipping them halfway through for even browning.
- Make dressing by whisking together lime juice, shallot, brown rice vinegar and sea salt. Slowly add the extra virgin olive oil whisking continuously. Mix in cilantro.
- Toss wild rice, sweet potatoes and toasted pumpkin seeds with the dressing. Taste and adjust seasoning, as needed. Enjoy!
- * When I have leftover brown rice, I include it in this meal. If you have any in the fridge, feel free to toss it in!