If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My kids love sweet potatoes cooked in every way. We always have sweet potatoes in our kitchen, so I can throw together a simple vegetarian meal like this one after a busy day. - tpanb
Serves 3 to 4
sweet potato and wild rice pilaf
- 1 cup wild rice
- 2 1/3 cups water
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1" cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds, toasted
cilantro lime dressing
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- handful cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a pot, put wild rice and water. Bring to a boil. Lower heat to low and simmer covered for 45-50 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand covered for another 10 minute until all the water is absorbed.
- Toss sweet potatoes with 1 tbsp olive oil and season with sea salt, to taste. Put sweet potato on a baking sheet in a single layer and roast for 20 minutes, flipping them halfway through for even browning.
- Make dressing by whisking together lime juice, shallot, brown rice vinegar and sea salt. Slowly add the extra virgin olive oil whisking continuously. Mix in cilantro.
- Toss wild rice, sweet potatoes and toasted pumpkin seeds with the dressing. Taste and adjust seasoning, as needed. Enjoy!
- * When I have leftover brown rice, I include it in this meal. If you have any in the fridge, feel free to toss it in!