If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: As I rediscover some of my oldest cookbooks, I find treasures. Then I let it go in the direction I have taken. This came from the Quartet voume of the Time-Life Foods of the World series. It's simple and delicious. I started making it when Italian Frying Peppers were in season (and I wanted to try something new with a farm stand bounty). Other peppers would suit, and some of the brilliant colors would look great; just adjust the cooking time. Warm or cold? Both! - susan g
Serves 3 - 4
- 1 pound medium Yukon Gold potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 2 - 3 Italian frying peppers, seeded and cut in strips
- 1/2 lemon, juiced -- about 2 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon harissa (adjust to your taste and the intensity of the harissa)
- Boil potatoes in salted water. When cooked through, drain and cut in cubes.
- Heat olive oil in an 8 or 10 inch skillet, add salt and caraway, stir, then add the pepper strips. Saute until the edges of the peppers start to brown.
- Stir in lemon juice and harissa. Then add the cubed potatoes. Stir every thing together so that all liquids are evenly absorbed by the potatoes.
- This can be served right away, or when cooled. Leftovers are delicious!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes