Author Notes: When I lived for one year in Kenai, Alaska, a small hunting and fishing community. I joined my fellow co-workers for Thanksgiving and as a pesce-vegetarian, I wanted to make certain that there would be at least one dish that I could eat. The recipe comes from Southern Living Magazine, year 2009. This side dish goes well with mashed potatoes, salmon and even moosemeat (or so my co-workers told me). Enjoy! This is a very easy recipe. - Karin Ward
- 4 pounds Mushrooms, sliced
- 8 tablespoons Butter or 1 stick of butter
- 1 Bottle of dry red wine
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce (I use Lea & Perrin's Classic)
- Slice the mushrooms. Mince your garlic. Heat the butter in a 5 quart saucepan. Add the garlic to saute it in the butter.
- Add the mushrooms, the wine, the Worcestershire Sauce, salt and pepper.
- Cook on the stove for 12 hours on medium high heat. You don't have to watch it. You can set the saucepan on the eye at the back of your stove and this will turn out fine. You can forget about for 12 hours and this will still turn out really well.
- Serve and enjoy!