Author Notes: this is my go-to couscous recipe when I'm serving chicken or fish. you can substitute the apricots and almonds for another dried fruit or nut of your choice (like cranberries, currents and pine nuts). - sweet enough
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup homemade chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup unsulfurated dried apricots
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, lightly toasted
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- place butter and shallots in a saucepan and cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes. do not brown.
- add chicken or vegetable stock and bring up to a boil. remove from heat and add couscous, salt and apricots. cover for 10-15 minutes. fluff with a fork and add the almonds and parsley.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Couscous Dish