If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This appetizer has quite simple ingredients but all the pieces put together create something just delectable. - Katheryn's Kitchen
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 15-20 cherry tomatoes
- 12 mini bocconcini cut in half
- 12-16 fresh basil leaves
- vegetable oil
- salt pepper
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F. Arrange cherry tomatoes in a baking dish and drizzle with olive oil. Season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper and place in oven. Keeping a close eye on them, cook for about 10 minutes until they’ve burst and browned a bit, but not burned or dried out.
- Meanwhile, place eggs in a shallow bowl and whisk. Line the bottom of another shallow bowl with breadcrumbs. Place chicken in eggs, then pick them up with your hands, letting excess egg run off, and dredge them in the breadcrumbs.
- Coat the bottom of a large frying pan with oil, about 1?2 inch deep, over medium high heat. When the oil is hot enough to sizzle, carefully place the chicken breasts in the oil. Cook for about 1-2 minutes on each side, until lightly browned and crisp, making sure they’re cooked all the way through. Arrange on a serving platter.
- Place a piece of bocconcini on top of each chicken piece. Add a cherry tomato on top of the mozzarella and a fresh piece of basil on top of that. (Feel free to play around with the arrangement, for example, placing basil before the cherry tomato or the mozzarella on top of the tomato, etc.)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hors d'Oeuvre
Jam is a Liquid
And other things to keep in mind when traveling with food.
Do not pack these foods in your carry-on.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Let's get chopping.
Macerated strawberries, with a twist.
That was a close shave.