Author Notes: I had some raw almonds hanging around so thought I would find a way to spice them up so everyone would eat them. Here's what I came up with.
- Katheryn's Kitchen
Serves 3 cups
- 3 cups raw almonds with their skin on
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice- about 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons honey- add more if you like them sweeter
- 2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a small bowl mix together all the ingredients expect for the almonds.
- Now toss the almonds in with the other ingredients. Toss and coat well. Spread evenly in a single layer on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely, then serve or store in an air tight container.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hors d'Oeuvre