If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Quesadillas are some of the easiest and most popular party bites I can think of. Everybody likes them, and you can change the ingredients seasonally. These are perfect for fall and winter - use any pureed fall squash (I chose pumpkin here) and hit it with a bit of herbs and spices. Put it between tortillas with ooey gooey brie cheese and cook until crispy and golden brown. - foxeslovelemons
Serves 8 as an appetizer
- 1-3/4 cups pureed pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh sage
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 8 small flour tortillas
- 5 ounces brie cheese, thinly sliced
- In small bowl, stir together pumpkin, chili powder, sage and cayenne.
- Heat griddle over medium heat; spray with cooking spray. Place 4 tortillas on griddle and top each with 1/4 of the pumpkin mixture, 1/4 of the cheese and a second tortilla. Cook 4 to 6 minutes or until tortillas are golden and cheese melts, turning quesadillas halfway through cooking. Cut each into quarters and serve warm.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hors d'Oeuvre