Author Notes: Quesadillas are some of the easiest and most popular party bites I can think of. Everybody likes them, and you can change the ingredients seasonally. These are perfect for fall and winter - use any pureed fall squash (I chose pumpkin here) and hit it with a bit of herbs and spices. Put it between tortillas with ooey gooey brie cheese and cook until crispy and golden brown. - foxeslovelemons
Serves 8 as an appetizer
- 1-3/4 cup pureed pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh sage
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 8 small flour tortillas
- 5 ounces brie cheese, thinly sliced
- In small bowl, stir together pumpkin, chili powder, sage and cayenne.
- Heat griddle over medium heat; spray with cooking spray. Place 4 tortillas on griddle and top each with 1/4 of the pumpkin mixture, 1/4 of the cheese and a second tortilla. Cook 4 to 6 minutes or until tortillas are golden and cheese melts, turning quesadillas halfway through cooking. Cut each into quarters and serve warm.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hors d'Oeuvre