Author Notes: Carrot salad with raisins inspired me to make this dish. If you have to buy carrot juice that would be the most expensive ingredient. - nannydeb
Serves 4 as a side dish, 2 as an entree
- 2 cups freshly squeezed (?) carrot juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 cup whole wheat couscous
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Bring carrot juice to barely a boil.
- Remove from heat and add lemon juice, cumin, cayenne, salt and ginger.
- Add carrot juice mixture to dry couscous. Stir and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Add golden raisins, almonds, green onions and cilantro.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dirt Cheap Dinner
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Couscous Dish