If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Carrot salad with raisins inspired me to make this dish. If you have to buy carrot juice that would be the most expensive ingredient. - nannydeb
Serves 4 as a side dish, 2 as an entree
- 2 cups freshly squeezed (?) carrot juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 cup whole wheat couscous
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Bring carrot juice to barely a boil.
- Remove from heat and add lemon juice, cumin, cayenne, salt and ginger.
- Add carrot juice mixture to dry couscous. Stir and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Add golden raisins, almonds, green onions and cilantro.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dirt Cheap Dinner
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Couscous Dish
The Questionable History of the Arnold Palmer
What makes a legendary drink legendary.
History of the Arnold Palmer
What to Do With Marjoram
How to keep produce longer.
Recipes Our Moms Cooked
Go play outside!