If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Some time ago a friend brought this style of salmon to a dinner party at my place. It turned out to be his mother’s recipe and I was so lucky to get it. This is my own version of it, made with Sea Brass and sweet potato. The sweet potato is not traditional but the soft sweet potato cubes are a very nice combination with the soft flesh of the fish. —Janneke Verheij
- 1 fresh Sea Brass
- 1 red capsicum
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 big sweet potato
- 1 heaping tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground chili pepper
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tomatopaste
- 1 small glass sun flower seeds
- 1 tomato
- pepper and salt
- Gut the fish and clean it (if the fish man did not do this for you) make some cuts in the skin. Cut the sweet potato in cubes and cut the paprika in rings. Cut the tomato in cubes
- Take the paper of the garlic, lay them on your worktop, put the flat side of your knife on it and press so it will crack open a bit.
- Put one glass of oil in a wide pan that can fit the fish in a whole. Warm the oil, put the garlic and the spices, pepper and salt in it and bake until fragment, add the tomato paste and stir it in. It will not become a homogeneous mass but that’s alright. Taste to see if it is spicy enough for you or if you like some more chili.
- Add the potato and the capsicum and mix it all together. Leave it for a couple of minutes and add half a glass of water. Cook the potatoes until almost done without a lid so the water will evaporate again.
- Make some place in the pan and put the fish in the middle, fill the belly pepper and salt and with all the flavors you have in the pan and poor it over the skin as well. Add the tomato and bake the fish until done (about 10 minutes) with a lid on. Poor more of the oil over the fish when serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Way to Cook a Whole Fish
This May Be the Best Thing You Can Do with Zucchini
A genius make-ahead summer side
A genius zucchini dish.
Is your cilantro contaminated?
It's time to travel.
Do this for better cold brew.