If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Tacos for me, are the ultimate solo food. Small portions tucked into a corn or ( in my case) flour tortillas are easy to fix and easy to eat! This is a quick fix that came about one fall while rooting through the crisper, it takes a little foresight ( unless you get the squash pre peeled and cut) but it's worth it. At my house we always have tortillas and salsa in the fridge, so this is my home alone go to. - NicoleCLang
- 1 small butternut squash
- 1 med to large poblano pepper
- 1 small red onion
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper
- 2-4 flour or corn tortillas
- 1 handful cotija cheese
- 1 sprig cilantro, chopped
- olive oil
- chili seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Peel and cut your squash into bite size chunks and cut your peppers into strips. Add in olive oil and maybe some chili seasoning.
- Roast in the oven for at least a half hour. Check on them so they don't burn and turn if needed.
- Dice or chop the red onion and the jalapeno and garlic, and saute in a pan with olive oil. Throw in some cumin if you have it.
- When the onion, garlic and jalapeno are soft and fragrant take the squash and peppers out of the oven, now throw em' in with the onions and let them saute to just get rid of any excess water, maybe turn the heat up.
- Use your hot oven to warm your tortillas and serve with a sprinkling of cotija cheese, cilantro and green salsa
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Home Alone Dinner
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.