Author Notes: This is a great recipe for the holidays, because it can be prepared ahead of time. Just pop in the oven when the guests arrives. Minutes later you'll have a sophisticated crowd pleasing appetizer. - Flirty Foodie
Serves 2-3. can very easly be doubled or tripled
- 6 sea scallops, cleaned with their shells
- 5 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- 1.5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon white wine
- salt and white pepper to taste
- Preheat grill to 450ºF
- Mix breadcrumbs, cheese, parsley, olive oil, wine, and a bit of salt in a bowl.
- Salt and pepper both sides of scallop. Replace in shell.
- Add about 1 tbsp of mixture on top of ea. scallop.
- Bake scallops for about 10-15 minutes under grill until bread crumbs start to turn light brown.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hors d'Oeuvre