If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A delicious warming salad for the winter with bright flavours and colours to cheer you up.
You can substitute the pearl barley for anything you like, rice, lentils, cous cous would all be yummy too. —Flossie
- 1 Butternut squash, cubed
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds, ground
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 cups pearl barley
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 chilli, finely chopped
- 1 bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- 1/2 pomegranate, seeds only
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 lime, zest and juiced
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat your oven to 180?C. Peel and cut your onions in half and then each half into 3 wedges. Mix with the cubed butternut squash, coconut oil, crushed coriander seeds, salt and pepper
- Roast it all together on a baking sheet in the oven for about 45 minutes until the squash is golden and cooked through.
- Cook the pearl barley according to packet instructions and 10 minutes before it is ready stir in the turmeric to give it a yellow colour and some extra flavour
- To make the dressing, whizz up the avocado or mash with a fork or spoon with everything apart from the sesame seeds until smooth. Season and put aside.
- Drain the barely and give it a rinse under cold water. Put the barely in a big bowl and stir in all the other ingredients and the dressing, Gently toss it all together with your hands and season generously.
- Sprinkle over the sesame seeds and serve with a rocket or spinach salad dressed with lemon juice and olive oil
Put Summer in a Jar
How to freestyle berry jam
Freestyle berry jam.
A toast to toast.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.
The new Food52 office.
Octopi my heart.