If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is based on a dish my mom made when I was a kid. I have no idea where she got the recipe - it was the days before the Internet, so it was probably passed on from a friend. I've updated it to taste like the world's most glorious pizza combination: pepperoni, mushrooms and green pepper. The pepperoni and mushrooms are blended right into the hamburger, the pepper is quickly grilled while the burger is cooking away, and everything is topped with gooey mozzarella and savory pizza sauce. - foxeslovelemons
- 1-1/4 pounds ground round
- 4 ounces sauteed fresh mushrooms or canned mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 3 ounces pepperoni, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 (1/2-inch thick) slices of green bell pepper
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup prepared pizza sauce
- 4 hamburger buns
- Preheat grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat. In large bowl, combine beef, mushrooms, pepperoni, oregano and garlic powder. Form into four patties, being careful not to overwork the meat.
- Place burgers on hot grill rack. Cover and cook 10 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 135º for medium rare doneness, turning once (flip very carefully - they're sort of fragile!) During last three minutes of cooking, place green pepper on grill rack, and top burgers with cheese slices. Cook pepper just until slightly softened; cook burgers until cheese melts.
- Meanwhile, place pizza sauce in microwave safe bowl; cover and microwave 45 seconds or until hot. Serve burgers on buns, topped with green pepper and pizza sauce.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Family Recipe, Part 2
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Family Recipe
It's Time to Rhyme
The staff at Food52 give us their best haikus.
Do you haiku?
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
Shop Spring Cleaning
Bake yourself breakfast.