If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A thin, delicious cookie with warm spices such as ginger, cloves, and cinnamon. —RawInTheMiddle
Makes 120 cookies
- 1 cup butter (room temperature)
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 1 egg (room temperature)
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar with .5 tablespoon warm water
- 1 tablespoon water for batter
- 1.5 tablespoons water to shape dough
- 3.25 cups sifted, enriched, bleached flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- .5 teaspoons clove
- sliced almonds (optional)
- Cut up each stick of butter into 7-8 pieces each, put in mixer bowl, and beat on medium to high until creamy. Slowly add sugar.
- Scrape down sides of bowl; add egg; beat high until light and fluffy. Add orange peel, brown sugar mixture, and water. Mix well.
- Add rest of dry ingredients to flour. Stir into creamed mixture to form dough.
- Add up to 1.5 tablespoons of water to mold dough into lump in bowl, and cover with plastic wrap. Chill dough thoroughly (about 2 hours in fridge).
- Shape dough into rolls about 4.5 inches long. Wrap in plastic wrap and freeze. (At least 3 hours.)
- Unwrap a roll of dough and cut slices about ? inch thick. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Top with sliced almonds. Cook at 375 degrees for 6 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Family Recipe
Toppings That Are out of the Park
How to make one haute dog
Out of the park toppings.
Life's a beach.
It's time to travel.
Food blog links we love.
Put cake on a pedestal.