If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Easy and classic gingersnaps -- adapted from Smitten Kitchen. Easily doubled to make in bulk, and packs perfectly in gift packages! A failproof holiday recipe. - cynthia | two red bowls
Makes two dozen cookies.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup bread flour (if you don't have bread flour, just use 1 cup plus 2 tbsp of all-purpose)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger (optional, for an extra kick)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp unsulphured molasses
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt and spices. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars together until well-blended and fluffy. Add the molasses and whisk again until smooth. Add the flour mixture to the molasses mixture and mix gently until a dough forms.
- Turn the dough out onto saran wrap and fully wrap it. I lined a square dish with saran wrap and patted the dough into the dish so that it formed a square, which is easier to cut into even pieces to roll into balls for baking. Chill in the refrigerator for at least two hours.
- When you're ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place at least two inches apart on parchment paper or greased foil. The cookies will spread, so give them room. For chewier cookies, bake for 10-12 minutes. For crisper, bake longer, about 13-14. I took mine out at 12 exactly and they had a bit of chew in the middle, with very crunchy edges.
Dumplings, No Recipe Required
Dumplings for one, dumplings for all.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Gluten-Free Strawberry Tart
Eclectic Truffle Chocolate Bars
Cuban-inspired recipes to cook now.