If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is the recipe I grew up with...it's a nice moist meatloaf (nothing dry here!) with the MOST delicious sweet and sour tomato sauce. It's the ultimate comfort food, especially when served with mashed potatoes! —amybroun
- 1.25-1.5 pounds ground beef, veal or turkey
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- dash pepper
- 2 cups your favorite jarred tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 350
- Mix together meat, bread crumbs, onion, egg, seasonings, and 1/2 cup of the tomato sauce.
- Form into a loaf and put into pan (a 9x5 loaf pan works best but make sure it is big enough to hold all the sauce, as it will bubble up).
- Combine rest of tomato sauce, brown sugar, mustard, vinegar, and worcestershire sauce. Pour over meat loaf.
- Bake for 1 hr 15 min, basting occasionally with sauce.
- Remove to serving plate. Slice and serve. Pass sauce from pan on the side!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Family Recipe
Orange You Glad?
A better, more carrot-y carrot cake
A more carrot-y carrot cake.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
Meet beaver tails.
Get your shine on.