If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: During the cold of winter, there's nothing better to cuddle up on the couch with besides a good bowl of chili or soup. This white chili is no surprise, the flavors are complex, but warming and definitely a hit among the masses! - mtlabor
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 15 ounces can of diced tomatoes w/ green chilies
- 6 tomatillos, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, halfway deseeded
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 7 ounces can of green chilies, chopped
- 3 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 2 15 ounce cans of Great Northern beans, undrained
- juice from 1 lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- crushed tortilla chips and shredded cheddar cheese to garnish
- In a dutch oven, under medium high heat, heat up the oil and saute the onions until soft, about 5 minutes. Then add in garlic and stir until fragrant, a minute or two.
- Stir in tomatillos, tomatoes, and jalapeño. Cook for another 5 minutes so tomatillos can soften.
- Add chicken stock, green chilies, chicken, oregano, cumin, beans, and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and simmer until ready to serve, stirring occasionally. I let mine sit for about 30-45 minutes to let the flavors really meld together.
- Ladle into soup bowls and garnish the the tortilla chips and cheddar cheese.
Recipe of the Day
Grilled Brie Sandwiches With Honey, Pistachio, and Kale Pesto
Shop Spring Cleaning
Dumplings, No Recipe Required
Dumplings for one, dumplings for all.
Eclectic Truffle Chocolate Bars
Gluten-Free Strawberry Tart