If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I believe the title says it all. Bad time to submit the best (and easiest) holiday sweet but it is what it is. Mom's Nut Cups. —Canned
Makes about 1 dozen nut cups
For the pastry
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 cup flour
For the filling
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1 teaspoon butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- powdered sugar, as needed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix butter, cream cheese and flour together until just combined. Roll the dough into small balls - about 1" in diameter and press each dough ball evenly into a small cup muffin tin, making sure dough comes up the sides of the muffin cup.
- Mix pecans, brown sugar, egg, butter and vanilla together. Pour into pastry cups, coming not quite to the top of the cup and bake 20 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on a rack. Once cool, dust the tops of the nut cups with powdered sugar.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Family Recipe
Give Peas a Chance
Pea guacamole and other offensive foods
Warning: You might be offended.
Burnt Toast: Episode 9
Savor the season.
Bagel and lox, in a salad.
A board to go nuts over.